Information for Prospective Applicants
Applicants must be Stanford undergraduates who have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Attend a 90-minute weekly meeting during the fall (typically Mondays 6-7:30 pm)
- Spend 5-10 hours/week deveoping your project with your team
- Give a final pitch with your team at the end of the program
- If awarded a grant: commit to working full-time on your project during summer 2021
An info session for this program and the application process will be held on April 14th, 2021 at 12:00PM.
Please contact Lynette Haberman (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Applications for the 2021 program are due on May 3rd 2021.
Applications must be submitted through the online portal at https://chemh.slideroom.com/#/permalink/program/60065 and will require the following:
- Resume - 2 pages max (PDF)
- Unofficial transcript (PDF)
- Responses to the following questions:
- Describe your prior research experience. (500 words or less)
- Describe an unmet medical need or disease area that interests you and why. (500 words or less)
- What skills will you bring to your project team? (500 words or less)
- What do you envision doing after you graduate? (500 words or less)
Finalists will be invited to interview with program leadership and network with each other in April. Teams will be formed based on student input and the discretion of program leadership. Once teams are formed, there will be a kickoff meeting before the end of spring quarter.
Program Director: Mark Smith
Head, Medicinal Chemistry Knowledge Center
Program Coordinator: Lynette Haberman
Academic & Student Services Coordinator, Stanford ChEM-H