Main content start
Sarafan ChEM-H brings together chemists, biologists, engineers, and clinicians to understand life at the molecular level and apply that knowledge to improving human health.
Learn more about research at Sarafan ChEM-H:
- Sarafan ChEM-H core faculty members, called Institute Scholars, lead discrete but highly interdisciplinary labs that build and deploy complex toolsets to solve complex problems in human health and disease.
- The scientists and clinicians in Sarafan ChEM-H pursue projects in a wide range of research areas to address the biggest questions in molecular science.
- The Knowledge Centers at Sarafan ChEM-H are a unique kind of shared resource, encouraging Stanford scientists to pursue groundbreaking ideas, driven by curiosity and not limited by techniques or expertise.
- In partnership with Stanford Medicine, Sarafan ChEM-H launched the Innovative Medicines Accelerator, an engine to transform Stanford discoveries into real therapeutics for patients.
- The Microbiome Therapies Initiative (MITI) aims to develop tools to understand and manipulate the microbiome, the communities of microbes that live on and in us, to develop entirely new kinds of therapies.