Information for Prospective Applicants
Applicants must be Stanford undergraduates who have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Attend a 90-minute weekly meeting during the fall (typically Mondays 6-7:30 pm)
- Spend 5-10 hours/week developing your project with your team
- Give a final pitch with your team at the end of the program
- If awarded a grant: commit to working full-time on your project during summer 2024
An info session for this program and the application process is held during each application cycle.
Please contact Lynette Haberman (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Application for the UEP program is live! Apply by May 22, 2023 here: bit.ly/424OarO
Applications will require the following:
- Resume - 2 pages max (PDF)
- Unofficial transcript (PDF)
- Responses to the following questions:
- Describe your prior research experience, why you want to be a part of the UEP Program at Sarafan ChEM-H and what do you expect to gain from participating if accepted? Short answer question (500 words or less)
- Describe an unmet medical need or disease area that interests you and why? Short answer question (500 words or less)
- If selected for the program describe the skills, you will bring to your team’s project? Short answer question (250 words or less)
- Briefly describe your career goals Short answer question (250 words or less)
Finalists will be invited to interview with program leadership and network with each other end of May and Early June. Teams will be formed based on student input and the discretion of program leadership. Once teams are formed, there will be a kickoff meeting before the end of spring quarter.
Program Director: Mark Smith, PhD
Head, Medicinal Chemistry Knowledge Center
Program Coordinator: Lynette Haberman, MA
Academic & Student Services Coordinator, Sarafan ChEM-H